REPORTING - HOW TO RUN TECHNICIAN PRODUCTIVITY REPORTS (including Job Clocking / Payroll Clocking)
For Blackpurl to have the required information to prepare these reports, Job Clocking and Payroll Clocking must be setup in the system and must be used.
To setup Job Clocking and Payroll Clocking, please review our article - Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking Setup
Understanding how to use Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking, please review the following articles:
Service Job - Job Clocking On / Off Service Job
Other Tasks - Job Clocking On / Off Other Tasks
Blackpurl has introduced the following Productivity Reports:
- Technician Performance
- Technician Hours
- Payroll Hours
To access these reports:
- From the Blackpurl Header > click Reporting > Reports
- From Common Search > click on the report you want - Technician Performance / Payroll Hours / Technician Hours
- Each report will automatically default to certain parameters ie Last 7 Days for all Technicians
- These parameters can be changed ie different date range / report on a specific Technician etc by clicking on and then change your parameters to suit and then click
Let's give you a run down on the reports:
Technician Performance Report
- This will report on the Productivity / Proficiency / Efficiency of your Technicians using the data collected from Job Clocking / Payroll Clocking / Hours Invoiced.
- The result of the report will depend on the filters used ie date range / specific Technicians etc and the accuracy of your staff clocking in / out of Job Clocking and Payroll Clocking.
Let's now review the Technician Performance Report:
|List of Technicians that meet the report filters|
Hours Clocked On - this information comes from Job Clocking.
Productivity - is calculated by comparing the No. Hours Clocked (Job Clocked onto Service Jobs) vs No. of Hours
Worked (Payroll Clocking)
The following questions would be raised:
- What was she doing for the other 2.23 hours (7.59 hours less 5.36 hours)?
- Is the Job Clocking incorrect ie the technician didn't job clock onto other jobs when they should have?
- Is the Payroll Clocking incorrect ie the Technician didn't clock off correctly?
|E.||Clocked Hours Invoiced - Lists of hours on Customer Orders that have been billed / invoiced|
Clocked Hours WIP - List of Work In Process (WIP) hours that could be invoiced out.
Invoice Hrs - Amount actually billed out on the Customer Orders from the Hours Clocked.
Invoice Hrs WIP - How much additional WIP was billed out to customers on the date range
Efficiency - is calculated by comparing the Clocked Hours Invoiced vs Invoiced Hours (including WIP)
Proficiency - is calculating by comparing the billed invoiced hours divided by available hours (Payroll Clocking).
|K.||Other Tasks - How many hours were the technicians working on other tasks ie cleaning or talking to customer - unbillable hours.|
|L.||Invoiced Cost - If your dealership uses individual Labour Cost Rate, this column would indicate how much labour cost was invoiced.|
|M. ||Uninvoiced Cost - If your dealership uses individual Labour Cost Rate, this column would indicate how much labour cost was uninvoiced. |
Technician Hours Report
- This reports on Job Clocking hours by Technicians - depending on the parameters used ie date range / specific technician etc.
- The report will default with the filters ALL Technicians and Last 7 Days. **Remember you can change the parameters at any time by clicking on the
- It is recommended that this report is reviewed on a regular basis to pick up any Job Clocking IN / OUT errors. For example a Technician may not have Job Clocked out of a job correctly or forgotten to.
- Should you find any Job Clocking errors that need to be fixed, please review our article - How to Manage or Change Job Clocking on a Service Job
Payroll Hours Report
- This reports on Payroll Clocking hours by all staff that are setup and required to use Payroll Clocking depending on the filters used ie date range / specific staff etc.
- The report will default with the filters Last 7 Days. **Remember you can change the parameters at any time by clicking on the
- It is recommended that this report is reviewed on a regular basis to pick up any Payroll Clocking IN / OUT errors.
- Are staff clocking in/out correctly? Are they making mistakes ie not clocking out at the right time etc that need to be fixed?
- Should you find any Payroll Clocking errors that need to be fixed, please review our article - How to Manage Payroll Clocking
If you want to learn more about reports ie how to export, print, changing columns etc, please review our article - Reporting - Where are the Reports?