HOW TO PROCESS A UNIT DEAL QUOTATION INTO A SALE - STOCKED UNIT
- The Dealership has already provided a quotation to the customer for a Unit Deal for a stocked unit.
- Navigate to the Customer Order Unit Deal Quotation that the customer is accepting and on the Unit Deal section header click on for the Change Deal Status window to pop up.
- Review all figures and all sections (remember it may have been a while since you first gave the customer a quote):
- Options and Fees / Trade Ins etc
- Edit Pricing as required
- If the Unit Deal is Financed - review the Deal Financing section ie who the finance company is / amount etc within the Deal Financing section / has the financing been submitted / what is the status of that section?
- To commit and install the options, click on in the Deal Action section
- Deal Service 1 section for any options that are being sold with the unit and installed
- Deal Merchandise section for any options that are not getting installed
- Special Order section for any options that are not in stock and are required to be ordered.
TIP: Did you know that you can Stock In a Trade In unit prior to the finalization of the Unit Deal? For further information, click on this link - How to stock in a Trade In Unit Prior to finalising the Unit Deal
- Finalizing the Unit Deal:
- Complete the Special Order process by ordering the parts and receipting when received. Please review our article - How to Create A Vendor Order for a Customer Special Order (Parts and Sublets)
- Once all Special Order items have been received you can finalize the Deal Merchandise and Deal Service 1.
- Once all work is completed, your service department will change the status Deal Service to Complete.
- Your service department should have also finalised the Deal Service 1 section by clicking on in the Job Action section.
- To finalize Deal Merchandise section, click on
- Finalize the Deal Financing section and if all completed/submitted and approved, change the status of the Deal Financing section to APPROVED.
- If you want to show full profitability on the Unit Deal, please ensure you type in the Participation / Commission. (This figure will not integrate into your accounting package)
- Once all sections have been fulfilled, you will be able to finalise the Unit Deal.
- Things to check:
- Have you noted the Salesperson and Commission Earned? This will allow full profitability to be shown on the Unit Deal. (This figure does not integrate to your accounting package)
For further information, please review our article - Setup Customer Order Unit Deal - Salesperson (for commission)
- Trade-In (If Applicable) - Have you entered the Agreed Value / ACV and finalized the Approval Section?
- Once you have done all the necessary checks, click on to change the status of the Unit Deal
You will need to change the Status to APPROVED and then click on
- Once all sections have been fulfilled and the Unit Deal section status is APPROVED, it is time to finalize the Unit Deal by clicking on
2. Choose a payment method (including finance if applicable)
3. Type in the amount that is getting paid by this payment method (repeat 2 & 3 for multiple payment methods)
TIP: Did you know you can now backdate your payment or invoice? Please review our article - How to Back Date Customer Order Deposits / Payments / Invoices
- An Invoice History section has been added and if all Unit Deals on this Customer Order are finalized, the Customer Order status is now closed so no further changes can be made.