CUSTOMER OWNED UNITS - TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
Customer Elaine Smith has booked in for a service on her Honda Shadow but when completing the ADD A NEW CUSTOMER OWNED UNIT window from a Customer Order Service Job, the unit is coming up as being already owned by Jaxon Price
- It is at this point that we would simply click on
- Blackpurl will ask you to confirm the Transfer > click on
- The unit (and the service history details) will transfer to the new owner Elaine Smith.
You will not have the option of Transferring Ownership if the unit is:
- On an open Customer Order Service Job. The indicator will be ACTIVE ON SERVICE JOB
- Listed as a Trade In on a Customer Order Unit Deal. The indicator will be ACTIVE ON A DEAL
In Blackpurl on the Customer Record of Cathy Ramsay, there is a Customer Owned Unit of:
However Cathy has told the dealership that she has sold this unit to John Price so we want to reflect this change and have the service history follow over to the new owner.
How to Transfer Ownership
- Navigate to the relevant Customer Owned Unit Record.
- The Transfer of Ownership will pop up
- Once your new owner is listing > click on
- Note the new owner is now listing on the Customer Owned Unit Record