This article will cover off how to process a Customer Order for a Special Order Part
How to Process
Scenario: A known customer - Jaxon Price - wants to purchase a specific Brake Drum but as it is not in stock we will need to place a Special Order (order it from the Vendor) on their behalf.
- From the Blackpurl Header - Click SELL
As you cannot process a Cash Sale for a Special Order Part, you will need to click into Select Customer
- Click into the Select Customer section and then Select for an existing customer field
The Select for an existing customer functionality will allow you to search for the customer using keywords such as surname / first name / mobile number / email address.
As you start typing your search keyword, the system will start listing the search results that match.
- After selecting your customer, select what type of Customer Order
- SELL PARTS & ACCESSORIES
- START A SERVICE OR REPAIR JOB
- SELL A UNIT
- Start an Internal Service
- To add the part that the customer wishes to purchase > Scan or search to add a part, kit, fee or merchandise
Then click to select
First add the part to the Customer Order
As you start typing your search keyword - Brake Drum - the system will start listing the search results that match
Click on the relevant Brake Drum to add it to the Customer Order
- Add QTY NEEDED and change the Price as required. A running total will be kept in the Checkout section.
- The Parts Picklist section will indicate the status of all part that is on this Customer Order
- Required - this means that a Vendor Order has not been processed and it has yet to be ordered
At this point the system has added the Special Order part to the parts list on the relevant Vendor ready for a Vendor Order to be processed > reviewed and submitted.
Please review our article - How to Create A Vendor Order for a Customer Special Order
- Ordered - the part has been ordered > what the Order Number is > the Order Status > Expected Date > ETA
The expected date and ETA comes from the Vendor Order
If this date is changed or updated on the Vendor Order, then the change will reflect in Parts
- Received - The part has been received and VR number and the date it was received.
To run a search that will report on the status of Customer Order with Special Orders, please review our article - Reporting - Special Order Summary