PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OF A VENDOR
Vendors must have already been setup in Blackpurl.
Under the Vendor record, you have the ability to indicate what type of Product and Service that a Vendor provides to your business. These include:
- Part Purchases - this selection indicates that Parts can be purchased from this Vendor. For additional information, please see the NOTES section at the bottom of the article
- Merchandise Purchase - this section indicates that Merchandise can be purchased from this Vendor. For additional information, please see the NOTES section at the bottom of the article
- Unit Purchases - this selection allows the purchase of units from this Vendor. It will allow you to process an Order > Unit Ordering to this Vendor
- Sublet Purchases - this selection means that this Vendor can be used for Sublet Purchases
- Claims for Service Work - this selection allows Warranty Claims / Insurance Claims to be charged to this Vendor
- Deal Products - this selection means that this Vendor supplies Deal Products. For this option you will need to complete Step 7 below to setup any Deal Products this Vendor provides
- Flooring Company - this selection means that this Vendor is a Floorplan Company
- Finance Company - this selection means that this Vendor is a Finance Company and can be added to Unit Deals
- Financing Products - this selection means that this Vendor supplies Financing Products. For this option you will need to complete Step 7 below to setup the Warranty Plans
- To do this, navigate to the relevant Vendor Record screen, click on
- From the Edit Vendor window, click on
- From the Add More Information options, select Product & Services
- From the Product & Services options, check off those Products & services that this Vendor provides:
- Then click on
- The Vendor Record will indicate what Products and Services that this particular Vendor will supply / provide.
- The Vendor has now been setup that they are available to provide / supply certain Products and Services. Time to setup what products:
- This will open the New Product window for completion:
C. Description - is the description of what the product is. Description is what will print on the Customer Order.
D. Cost Method - is it Fixed Cost or Percent Retail? Click on dropdown arrow and make your selection. Fixed Cost is a $ value whereas the Percent Retail is a % of the Retail price.
F. Price - the price to the customer
G. Category - indicates what category this product will belong to ie for accounting integration purposes.
H. Taxable - is the Product taxable? If you indicate that the product is taxable, select the Applicable Tax.
The Vendor can be setup to supply both Part Purchases and Merchandise Purchases as a Products and Services.
Blackpurl allows the Dealership to assign a different Category to Part Purchases and Merchandise Purchased based on the Part Type selected on the Part record.
On the Part record below Part# QB Test 1 we have selected the Part Type: Merchandise.
On the relevant Vendor record (note the Vendor: Test Hitesh above) the Category for Merchandise is Service Parts.
This means that when we sell this part or purchase this part, it will follow the Category of Service Parts for Accounting Integration.