RECEIVING PAYMENT OF ACCOUNT IN BLACKPURL (ACCOUNTING INTEGRATION)
This feature is for Dealerships that have accounting integration and run debtor customer accounts.
It will allow the Dealership to receipt payment of accounts within Blackpurl and will be beneficial for Dealerships because:
- Some of your Customers may require to pay their debtor accounts over the counter by cash or card;
- Your staff will no longer require access to the accounting package in order to receipt payment of debtor accounts; and
- It will also mean that the Dealership can balance out the End of Day Customer Payments and Cash Reconciliation for all funds going through the Cash Drawers.
- The accounting integration must be setup / enabled / active.
- The outstanding invoices and / or credit notes must already be listing under the relevant Customer in your accounting package and have been generated by Blackpurl.
- For users to be able to process Payment of Account, they must have the relevant user permission in Blackpurl:
How to Receipt a Payment of Account through Blackpurl
The Customer: Harry Smith has come into the Service Department and wishes to pay $150.00 in cash towards his outstanding debtor account.
- In Blackpurl - navigate to Harry Smith's Customer Record.
- On the Customer Record scroll down to the - E A/R Activity section
- In the A/R Activity section > click on
- Our Customer: Harry Smith wishes to pay $150 towards the outstanding amount.
- The user will select which Invoices (or credit notes) Harry wishes to pay by checking the relevant check boxes next to the relevant outstanding invoices.
- If the Customer is only part paying the invoice, the user will need to type in the amount that the Customer is paying in the Amount Paid column.
- Once the Total equals how much the Customer is paying, click on for the Choose a payment method window to pop up:
- Select the relevant payment method - Harry is paying by cash > then click on
- The user will be asked to confirm the payment on the Please confirm payment details window that pops up.
- Read the details and if correct, confirm by clicking on
- Once the transaction has been accepted by Blackpurl, the system will automatically generate a Payment Receipt on a separate window.
An example of a Payment Receipt window:
- Once the Payment Receipt window is closed, it will return the user to the Customer Record screen.
- The payment that was just received will now list under the Customer Payments for the relevant Cash Drawer and under the Order Number column it will just indicate Paid on account:
- The Paid on account payments will list under the relevant Cash Drawer.
- When listing the transactions, it will not indicate an Order number but Paid on Account.
- The payment will integrate to the accounting package and the payment details will list under the relevant Customer.