PART SALES - THE ABILITY TO CHANGE TRANSACTION TYPES and COMMIT PARTS
**Dealership do not need to Change type. This enhancement just gives them the option to change the type if required.
On Customer Order > Parts & Accessories - users will now have the ability to Change type.
This will give the ability to:
- assign a transaction type to the Parts & Accessories(P&A) section on a customer order ie Parts Sale or Layaway / Layby
- control inventory and special order handling.
Click on Change type to review the options:
From the Transaction type window, make your selection:
- If you want to change the Transaction Type from the default ie Internet Sales to another Transaction Type > just click on your selection - this will change the Transaction Type
Why would we want a different Transaction Type - it will allow you to select how you want to categorize the Parts & Accessories transaction in your accounting package and also allow ease of reporting on specific Transaction Types
- Inventory and special order handling - Review what your options are and select accordingly.
How can this benefit the Dealership?
Dealership will now be able to process layaways/laybys by just changing the Transaction Type to Layby and also have different Transaction types for accounting integration purposes.
Dealership will have more control over committing stock and when special order items are ordered with the following selections:
- Commit and Order - the system will automatically commit any stock on hand parts to the CO and order any special orders.
- Commit Only - the dealership may want to commit any stock on hand parts to this CO but wait until later to generate any special orders.
- Uncommitted - the dealership doesn't want to commit any stock on hand parts or generate any special orders until later.
With the ability to now change the Transaction Type - users will now have the option of reporting using the different transaction types as parameters.
Please review our article - Reporting - Introducing Active Part Sales Report