APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE JOBS / JOB SCHEDULER / LOG TECHNICIAN LEAVE TIME
- The Dealership's Default Working Hours have been setup in the Account Settings > Settings & Controls - Shop Settings
- Each relevant Technicians has been setup for Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking and their default work days have been set in Account Settings > Users - Time Clocking Staff
- From the Blackpurl Header > click on
- Let's break the Scheduler screen down for you:
- Single Day View - this will allow the user to see just a single day view. Basically they can see what is on for a specific day
- Weekly View - this will allow the user to see a weekly view and work out if they have overbooked etc
- One Month View - the user can see at a glance what their month is like. What weeks are busy / what appointments they may need to move around etc
2. Dashboard - this will allow the user to access the Workshop Dashboard. For further information, please review our
3. Appointments can be created by clicking on New Appointment
4. This is the date range - just use the toggle to scroll to the other date ranges
5. The day / date are listed on the side
6. The days are split into Morning and Afternoon appointments
7. This will indicate how many hours have already been booked and how many hours are still available
- In our example, we are going to book in / make an appointment for 2.5 hours to do a 10,000km service and safetyr check on Catherine Harley-Davidson on the 29th October 2020.
- Just click on the at the top of the screen.
- Navigating to the date and either morning or afternoon you want and then clicking on the
If you create a new appointment this way, the date and morning/afternoon time will auto populate.
2. If there is already an existing Service Job, you can link this appointment to it by searching for the relevant Service
3. In the Untitled appointment section - it will allow you to give the appointment a name ie 10K Service.
4. You can search for the Customer Name (or create a new customer)
5. Type in the concern including any notes from the customer ie what the customer would like you to check etc
6. Job Type - Who is paying? Customer Pay / Third Party / Internal
7. Estimate hours - how many hours you think it is going to take. This estimate hours is needed for the scheduler
8. If the appointment is going over multiple days, move the toggle to indicate Make multi-day
9. You can assign a Technician at this time (if required)
- Date and Time due In
- Date and Time promised
- Unit Arrive indicator
4. The Scheduler for the 29th October 2020 in the afternoon has now changed and our estimated time of 2.5 hour
appointment has now been taken into consideration.
- When you were creating the appointments, the dealership had the option of assigning a technician.
- Click on the to open and list all the unassigned appointments - see D. above
You can search for an appointment or just scroll to the appointment you want to assign. Then:
- Click and hold on the appointment
- Drag and drop the appointment over to the time slot you want, under the technician you want
Do this for all the unassigned appointments to organise your technician's day
- If a Customer Order > Service Job has not been linked to this appointment, once you have assigned an appointment to a time slot and technician, the system will automatically create a Customer Order > Service Job for you.
ASSIGNING TECHNICIAN AND JOB CLOCKING DIRECT FROM THE CUSTOMER ORDER > SERVICE JOB
- There is also the ability to Assign Technician and for Technicians to Job Clock on / off directly from the Customer Order > Service Job > Technician Time section
LOG TECHNICIAN AWAY TIME
We need the Scheduler to reflect away time so the dealership is not booking in appointments or assignment jobs to technicians when they are not even going to be there.
For our example our technician Frank will be away from the 26th October to 31st October 2020 on annual leave.
The best way to do this is to Log Leave time
- From the Job Scheduler tab, click on Frank's name
- To record his annual leave, click on and complete
Once you are happy with the entry, click on to add it to the list.
- Now if you go to that date range on the Appointment Scheduler, the available time has reduced to indicate that the dealership only have one technician available.