Step 2 - Chart of Accounts
This is to ensure that you have all the General Ledgers required in your accounting package to facilitate correct and issue free mapping from Blackpurl to your accounting package
- Blackpurl has a generic Chart of Accounts (COA) for both QuickBooks Online and Xero and we are more than happy to provide the relevant generic COA to your dealership. An example of linking/mapping the generic Chart of Accounts is also available here.
- These will also contain a list of specific General Ledger accounts Blackpurl will require for your accounting integration to be successful.
- We also need to ensure that the Account Type is the same as the generic COA or you run the risk of Xero or QuickBooks rejecting transactions if they are not
Inventory needs to be mapped to a General Ledger account that has the type: Current Asset Type and Inventory as the detail type
If the General Ledger account has the type: Inventory, due to the restriction of the accounting package it will reject any transactions that try to integrate
- There will be other General Ledger accounts required in your COA in your accounting package for you to record operational costs that are outside of Blackpurl ie stationary, postage, wages, utilities etc
- Keep in mind that as Blackpurl deals with many types of business’ in various parts of the world, you may find that Blackpurl requires a few General Ledger accounts to be added to your COA that are not necessarily needed by your Dealership
But please remember that Blackpurl is not a custom built system for you
- Once it is agreed that you have a COA that will enable integration with Blackpurl, we will then sync your COA to Blackpurl
This should only take a few seconds and when complete you will have a green tick at 2. Chart of Accounts
You will need to resync your COA whenever you add additional General Ledger accounts in your accounting package especially if you want to use any new General Ledger accounts in one of your mapping fields in Accounting Integration