HOW TO PROCESS AN INTERNAL SERVICE
The Dealership owns a unit that needs a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Service completed.
By processing an Internal Service, the cost of the PDI will be "charged" to the unit so that the dealership can see how much the unit is actually costing the dealership.
When the unit is sold, the full cost (including any Internal Services) will be taken into consideration when working out the profitability of the unit.
- From the Blackpurl Header - Click
Then click on
- There is no customer listed (remember that the dealership actually owns the unit) and it has created a Service Job 1 section automatically.
Click on in the Job Details section.
- The details of the selected Stocked Unit will automatically populate along with Who is paying for the job? and Category.
- Now that you have added the stocked unit, time to add the labour / parts / fees etc required to complete this job.
In our example we have added a Labor Line and Brake Pad:
- If the Service Job is ready to be worked on > change the status by clicking on on the Service Job 1 header.
- Ready to Finalise the Internal Customer Order?
- Log any Technician time by clicking on and completing the Log Technician Time section or your Technician can also job clock onto this type of Service Job
- Attach any relevant attachments by clicking on and following the prompts.
- The last thing to do is to finalise Job by clicking on .
- The Customer Order for this Internal Service Job is closed.
- The cost of Internal Service Jobs are listing on the Unit Records > Price & Cost Tracking as Dealers Installed Options.