GETTING READY FOR ACCOUNTING INTEGRATION - QUICKBOOKS ONLINE
Blackpurl can be fully integrated with QuickBooks Online but there are few important details that you must be aware of:
- QUICKBOOKS ONLINE
- QuickBooks Online is cloud-based and normally you would pay a monthly/annual fee to QuickBooks for this service
- QuickBooks Desktop is when you buy the software for a one-time fee.
- WHICH QUICKBOOKS PLANS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE
For example - the USA QuickBooks Simple Start Plan does not allow the integration of Unit Invoices. This would mean that if you wish to process your Unit Invoices in Blackpurl that is fine BUT they will not integrate over to QuickBooks.
The minimum QuickBook Plan required is the ESSENTIALS Plan.
- INFORMATION FOR EXISTING QUICKBOOKS ONLINE USERS:
Please contact our Blackpurl support for the up to date list of Blackpurl required GLs.
- INFORMATION FOR NEW QUICKBOOKS ONLINE USERS:
If you are looking to sign up for QuickBooks Online for the first time, this would be a good time to have a discussion with your Accountant.
Your Accountant may be able to provide you with a COA template that they want you to use that can be imported into QuickBooks Online. It also may be the case that you wish to use the template that QuickBooks Online already provides.
There will be no need for you to import your Customers and Vendors into QuickBooks.
As Blackpurl will be requiring a list of your Customers and Vendor for importing into Blackpurl, we will sync these Vendors and Customers into your QuickBooks at the same time.
**Please note - it is the Dealership's responsibility for entering the opening balances (from your previous balance sheet and Income Statement) into your new QuickBooks. Further information is available through QuickBooks Support - this link is a very good place to start: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/enter-opening-balances-for-accounts-in-quickbooks-desktop/00/203403
- GRANTING BLACKPURL ACCESS TO YOUR QUICKBOOKS
QuickBooks Online charge per user so instead of adding Blackpurl as a user, please add us as an Accountant by completing the following steps:
- In QuickBooks Online, click on > Manage Users
- Click on
- The Enter Accountant's Email Address window will pop up > In the Accountants' email address field - type in the Blackpurl's relevant email address, based on what QuickBook Online version you have:
For QuickBooks Online International version - type: firstname.lastname@example.org
For QuickBooks Online Australian version - type: email@example.com
Retype the email address in Confirm email field then click on
- Finish inviting accountant window will pop up for you to click on
- QuickBooks will send Blackpurl an invite to join as an Accountant.
- Once Blackpurl accepts the invite, Blackpurl Support will be able to access to your QuickBooks Online
If you have any questions or run into any issues, please let us help! Contact our Blackpurl Support through Blackpurl Communities or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on QuickBooks Online, check out https://quickbooks.intuit.com/online/