IMPROVEMENTS TO THIRD PARTY SERVICE JOBS
There are many improvements that we have made to Customer Order > Service Jobs. These include:
Ability to Switch Service Job Types
The user now has the ability to change the Who is paying for the job? on any active Customer Order Service Job.
- This allows a Customer Pay Service Job to be able to switch to a Third Party Service Job (ie Warranty) as required.
- Changing the job type will automatically realign all line item pricing to suit the new job type and Third Party payer.
Third Party Service Jobs - a number of improvements and corrections have been made to make this section more user friendly.
Service job line item changes:
Once the claim status has been set to Submitted, the user can continue to make additions, deletions and changes to the Service Job line items.
These changes will be reflected in the Claims Response Wizard.
The additional line will now show up in the Claims Response Wizard.
If any Service Job line items had a variances in the Claim Response, a new indicator has been introduced on the right of the line item total. At a glance dealership can see that a variance has been recorded against that line item.
**Note the indicator next to the line item just to let you know that it was changed during Claim Response.
Service Job - Section Header Claim Status:
- The section header Claim: status icon is now actionable through the Submitted and Approved statuses.
- When in Unsubmitted status - selecting the icon will action the Claim Submission Wizard.
- When Submitted status - selecting the icon will action the Claim Response Wizard.
- When Approved status - selecting the icon will reopen the Claim Response Wizard in either an editable or read-only mode depending on the status of the Service Job.
Claim Job Action:
- A new job action is available on Third Party Service Jobs which will allow the user to action / view the claim. The name of the action is directly related to the status of the claim.
Claim Response Wizard:
- Approval dates can now be backdated
User can now modify both the CLAIMED values and APPROVED values.
- Any variances billed to the customer will now create a new Customer Pay Service Job on the same Customer Order.
- A warning has been introduced when finalizing the claim to remind the user of the restrictions imposed on the Service Job by this action.
For additional information, please review our article - Service Job - Understanding the options for "Who is paying for the job" (ie Third Party - Insurance & Warranty Claims)