If you prefer to watch a video, please click on this link - Video - What are User Permissions / How to Setup User Permissions
User Permissions allows the Dealership to allocate access or restrict access to certain sections of Blackpurl for particular groups of Users.
In the Dealership, the Unit Sales staff do not need access to Account Settings but they need access to Customer Order Units. Our process would be:
- Create new Group for User Permission Group - Unit Sales in Blackpurl
- Assign the relevant permissions to suit what this group would and would not have permission to access
- Assign the relevant Users to this group
HOW TO SETUP USER PERMISSIONS
- From the Blackpurl Header > click on > System settings
- From the System Settings Dashboard > click on
- The User Permission screen will load - let's do a quick navigation:
User Permission Group you want
to make the selection
2. A list of the current User Permission Groups currently in Blackpurl
3. To create a new User Permission Group - click on
- For this example, we are going to create a new User Permission Group - Unit Sales, work through the list of permissions and then decide which users need to be assigned to this group.
Type in the New Group's Name and Assign a color than click on
- Take your time and work through the list of permissions, deciding what this User Permission Group should have permission to access
This is a link to an article that will tell you what the Permission actually mean - Current User Permissions
- Now it is time to allocate users to this User Permission Group > click on Members Tab
Click into the Search Users field and the list of current users will come up.
Search through and click to select on the users that need to be assigned to this group.
Then click on
- Blackpurl will update the Members Group with the User names just assigned to this User Group.
Please note that Users can only be assigned to one User Permission Group.
For further information on User Permissions for Unit Cost and Part Cost, please review our article - User Permission - Unit Cost and Part Cost