This article will explain what a sublet is and how to setup sublets in Blackpurl
What is a Sublet
A sublet is work performed by a third party - such as custom painting or machine shop work completed outside the dealership
This third-party work will then be billed by the Dealership to the Customer on a Customer Order
- On the relevant Vendor Records, you need to indicate that the Vendors are available for Sublet Purchases
- This is done by setting up the Vendor with Product and Services
- This is the link to the relevant article on how to do this - How to Setup Vendor Products and Services
Once the Vendor has been setup and is available for Sublet Purchases, the next step is to learn how to setup a sublet
How to Setup a Sublet
- The first thing that needs to be done is to set up the Sublet on the Vendor Record
- The New Product window will pop up
2. Code - Give the new Sublet a Code (basically a name) ie Paint or Custom
3. Description - Give the new Sublet a Description ie Custom Paint Job
4. Cost Method - Click on and select Fixed Cost
5. Cost Rate - Type in the cost to the Dealership
6. Price - Type in how much the Dealership is going to charge the customer for this Sublet.
7. Category - Select a Category for this Sublet
8. Taxable - Is the Sublet taxable? If Taxable is checked, a new field will pop up - Applicable Tax >
Tip: Generic Sublets - the dealership can create just generic sublets for Vendors and just use them over and over again When creating a generic sublet, the user would leave the Cost and Price at zero Then when the sublet is added to a Customer Order, the price to the customer would need to be entered / the cost will show up for profitability purposes on Customer Order once the Vendor Receiving for the Sublet has been processed with a cost amount
How to Add a Sublet to a Customer Order
In Blackpurl, Sublets must be attached to a Customer Order - the Dealership cannot process a Vendor Order for a sublet without it being attached to a Customer Order first
Sublets can only be added to Customer Order Service Jobs or Unit Deals
For our example below, we are going to add the Sublet Paint to a Service Job
- In the Service Job > labour, parts & Job item section - click into the Scan or search to add field and type in Sublet
- Once you have found the Sublet required, click to select
- Note the status of the Sublet line item is REQUIRED.
- This means that a Special Order section is now in play and that the user will need to complete all relevant steps for a Special Order
- Process a Parts Order (Vendor Order - VO) to the Third Party doing the work.
The Sublet will be sitting under the Vendor waiting for the user to add it to a Vendor Order.
For further information, please review our article - How to Create A Vendor Order for a Customer Special Order (Parts and Sublets)
- Process a Parts Receiving (Vendor Receiving - VR) once you have the work / job back from the Third Party.
Once you have processed a VR, this will allow you to finalise the Customer Order for the Sublet as the status on the Sublet line item on the Customer Order will be Received.
- Process a Parts Invoice (Vendor Invoice - VI) once the Tax Invoice has been received from the Third Party.
Remember that your hard copy Tax Invoice from the Third Party must match the $ figures on the VI in Blackpurl.
To keep a track of all active Service Sublets in the system, please review this article - Reporting - Active Service Sublet