WHAT IS THE BLACKPURL HEADER AND HOW TO USE IT?
This is the Blackpurl Header and it is at the top of all Blackpurl screens. So what is it................?
1. Click on at any time and it will take you back to the Blackpurl Home Page.
2. Click on to start processing your Customer Order for Parts & Accessories / Start a Service or Repair Job / Sell A Unit or Start an Internal Service.
3. Click on to list your ordering options - Unit Orders / Part Orders / Part Receivings / Part Returns / Part Invoices .
4. Click on to take you to the Service Scheduler.
This will allow the business to plan their Technician's day / schedule service jobs etc.
5. Click on will give you the option of the Report section or one of the relevant dashboards.
6. Click on to allow quick access to Payroll Clocking.
7. Click on to allow quick access to the Job Clocking.
8. Click on to allow quick access to the Cash Reconciliation section.
9. Click on will list any other tools that are available.
The Blackpurl Header can only list so many shortcuts/tools especially if you are using a mobile device ie mobile or cellular phone or tablet. All the Blackpurl Header tools will then become conveniently available by clicking in this section.
10. Click on to list your Add New options - Customer / Vendor / Part / Labour Code / Kit / Fee / Stock Unit
11. Click into field and it will allow you several search options:
- Just type what you are looking for and it will do a global search by searching all of Blackpurl and all databases.
- If you want to narrow down your search, you can use keywords ie CO / Customer / Vendor / Merchandise etc.
Click into the search field and a list of common keyword will pop up.
Once you click of the relevant keyword, then you can start typing your information.
For example - I would like to search for the Customer: Cathy Price.
The search result will list any item in the Customer Database that matches Cathy.
It could be a customer or an email address or street address
TIP: Keywords also have shortcuts. If you know the shortcut you can use it.
For example instead of clicking on you could type the shortcut - Customer:
If you want to conduct an advanced search (reports), click on and it will take you to the Blackpurl Sidebar Search screen for more in depth searches.
12. Click on if you need help as it will take you directly to the Blackpurl Knowledge Base - which will give you access to help articles and videos
13. Click on to bring up the options of System Settings and Logging out.
Please note that some of these Blackpurl Header options will be restricted and need permission for access.
If you need access, please discuss this with your Manager.