HOW TO SETUP ACCOUNTING INTEGRATION
- From the Blackpurl Header > click on > System settings
- From the System Settings Dashboard > click on
- Work through each step - take your time as the system will not allow you to progress until you have finalised each section. If you need assistance, please contact Blackpurl Support by emailing email@example.com
- From the dropdown select your Accounting Provider and select QuickBooks Online.
- Then click on
- At this time, you will be asked for the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for these codes.
- Once you have entered the information click on .
- The QuickBooks log in page will pop up for you to type your username and password into.
QuickBooks may ask you to go through a few checks, such as
- Verification - just follow the prompts
- Confirm the company name of your QuickBooks Online - just follow the prompts
- Authorise the connection and sharing of data - click on Authorise
Then just continue to Step 4
- For XERO setup you will require the assistance of Blackpurl Support.
- Please contact Blackpurl Support and ask them to assist you with the XERO connection
- You will need to ensure that you have given Blackpurl Support access to your XERO accounting package prior to contacting them.
- Once the link is established, Blackpurl Support we will also sync your Chart of Accounts into the Accounting Integration.
Then just continue to Step 4
- Chart of Account tab
- Click to sync the latest QuickBooks Chart of Account with Blackpurl.
- As Blackpurl Support has already synced your Chart of Accounts, continue to the next step.
For all other locations - Please proceed to Step 6 - Control Accounts.
- This Step is FOR AUSTRALIAN BLACKPURL DEALERS ONLY with Prices Includes Tax setting
For Australian Blackpurl Dealers there is an additional step required - Tax Code Mapping.
On each of the Blackpurl Tax Rate you will need to map the Tax Rate by clicking on and making your selections.
Once the Tax Codes have synced > click on continue to Step 6 - Control Accounts tab
- Control Accounts tab
All fields must have a General Ledger Account listed or you will not be able to move to the next section.
For the Cash Sale Customer and Internal Service Customer - these customers will first need to be setup or already be customers in QuickBooks.
It is the Customer ID from QuickBooks that you need to enter into these fields.
To get the correct Customer ID from QuickBooks, see below:
For the Cash Sale Customer and Internal Service Customer - these customers will first need to be setup or already be customers in XERO.
It is the Customer ID from XERO that you need to enter into these fields.
To get the correct Customer ID from XERO, see below:
Once you have finished, click on and then .
- Undeposited Funds tab
For each Payment Method that you have setup in your Blackpurl (under System Settings > Settings and Controls -
Payment Methods), you can now assign a individual / different General Ledger account to each payment type.
The system will also allow you to use the same General Ledger account
Just work your way down the list of Payment Methods and assign the relevant General Ledger account
When funds are receipted in a Customer Order (both Deposit and Checkout sections), the General Ledger account indicated on the relevant Payment Type is where the funds will show in your Accounting Package.
Once you have assigned a General Ledger account for each Payment Type click and
to take you to the next section - Default Accounts tab
8. Default Accounts tab
9. Categories tab
For further information about Categories, please review this video - Video - What is a Category?
10. Transaction Type tab
This section will allow you to create new transaction types for use in either Service Jobs and Parts and Accessories sections.
It will allow you to allocate specific Categories to those transaction types as you may want to
map certain transactions to certain general ledgers in your accounting package.
To create a new Sales Type, click to complete New Job type window
- Type - select if it is to be a Service Job or Part Sales Transaction Type. Basically where do you want to use this new Transaction Type - on a Service Job or in a Parts & Accessories section?
- Code - what is the name of your new Transaction Type
- Part Category - indicate what part category this transaction type will follow ie what General Ledger mapping
- Labour Category - indicate what Labour category this transaction type will follow ie what General Ledger mapping
- Indicate if is to be the Default then click
Complete this step for all new Transaction Types that you want to create.
Once you have finished and ready to implement, click on .
12. Please sent an email to email@example.com to indicate you are ready for us to "copy" over your Blackpurl Customers and Vendors to your accounting package.
Please contact Blackpurl support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an issues etc.